Saturday, August 13, 2005

Revamping my system

I made the first significant mistake I have made in a long time on my system about a week ago, just about the time I was becoming ill. I had been installing some systems, specifically some Live CD systems, to disk, and I was removing and adding disk partitions to modify the sizes of a few of them to better accomodate what I was planning to do.

I used fdisk for some of these activities. At one point, I added a volume label to what I thought was the eleventh disk partition. It turned out to be the twelth partition, but I did not see it in time, so I altered my twelth partition. Unfortunately, that partition contained quite a bit of Web browser context and a couple of years of Email content.

I think I will be writing that stuff to CD/RW a bit more often!

No comments: