Friday, July 24, 2009

antiX M8.2 has been released and I recommend it!

The announcement for the release of antiX M8.2 can be found here on the antiX forum site, and as usual, I recommend it.

Those of you who like to pretty much concoct your own system might want to give antiX BASE a try. It is very close to the size of SLAX in image size, does not come with much pre-installed, so you can pretty much rip it apart and put in what you want, whether that's something light or heavy.

For those of you who want a complete, yet lightweight system likely to work on older Pentium III and IV hardware, this is a great one to try out in the full version. I have used both versions in the past and I have already downloaded, and I am about to try out, both the BASE and FULL versions in Virtualbox OSE, then install one or both of them on my systems in place of the current system.

No comments: